The PDF document below includes an overview of new collections which were reported by archives to the Society for the Study of Labour History’s Archive and Resources sub-committee (SSLH-ARC) and which may be of interest to labour historians.
Among the numerous collections noted by the SSLH-ARC are:
- Communist Party of Great Britain papers re. Inner Party Democracy at the People’s History Museum
- Michael Foot Personal and Literary Correspondence at the People’s History Museum
- Election literature from the 2021 Senedd Cymru election at the National Library of Wales
- and correspondence, 1965-2021, mostly relating to Peter Hain’s political career at the National Library of Wales.
- Photographs from the archives of the National Union of Public Employees and others (NUPE) and Rodney Bickerstaffe, its former general secretary at the Modern Records Centre
- Archive of Ken Tarbuck, 1930-1995, Trotskyist writer and activist at the Modern Records Centre
- Papers of Jim Mearns relating to his work as a trade unionist and LGBT+ rights activist at the National Library of Scotland
- Records of the Institute for Workers’ Control at Nottingham University
- Additions to the UNISON Manchester records at the Working Class Movement Library.